Practice Personal Accountability
What if I told you that your defensiveness is getting in the way of your growth and pleasure, and taking personal accountability can change your life?
When you become accountable for your actions instead of getting defensive [or sarcastic, or aggressive], you create opportunities for more growth and more connections!
Easy Ways to Practice Personal Accountability:
Look for Clues
- Our subconscious often wants us to go back to “why it didn’t work.” We are constantly looking for clues of failure…STOP that!
- Turn the negative “detective” part of you into something that searches for the WIN!
- Look for the breadcrumbs that others who have the life you want have left behind.
- Whose fault is it? Blaming our circumstances, our spouse, our parents will not help. Often, we don’t look in the mirror and take full responsibility for our life.
- Take ownership and accountability of every single thing in your life and you will feel so much freer! If things go well, it’s on me. I get to take full responsibility for all of it!
- One way to start is noticing all the times you say “yes” when you really mean “no.”
Find The Good
- It’s so easy to find what is wrong. Try to make your obsession to find the good or the win-win in every situation.
- Instead of just giving in, get creative.
Be proactively positive instead of reactively negative.
Being an adult is a balance beam walk between authenticity, boundaries, and understanding the pain of ourselves and those around us.
Responsibility takes work. It takes sitting down and reviewing our lives. We have to look for patterns and have the courage to analyze our mistakes and determine how to do better.
Do you often get defensive with your partner? Or do you take accountability?
Personal accountability helps us to rewire our nervous system to experience ownership and responsibility in a number of positive ways!
When we own our decisions and remain responsible for all of the times we spoke or acted out of integrity, our capacity to handle stress, conflict, and intense emotions increases.
Personal accountability enables more stability and security, and creates a pattern of wanting to own more accountability.
What are your favorite ways that you have been accountable in your life?
I’m always looking for new suggestions!
You can get more free content on relationship and sex tips by checking out my Youtube Channel – The Sex Healer.
If you know someone that would benefit from this information, feel free to share it.
Life Coaching and Therapy (LCAT) is a relationship coaching and sex therapy practice that transforms our clients lives through our flexible, multi-technique approach and pleasure-skills training provided by systemically-trained and licensed therapists!
Our team of compassionate, licensed therapists and certified sex therapists help Millennials and Baby Boomers alike who visit us for a variety of relationship, intimacy and sex problems.
LCAT provides on-site appointments, as well as video chat and text therapy programs. For clients hoping to take their intimate lives to the next level through personalized coaching on YOUR terms, learn more about our Text Therapy Program.
Learn more about how LCAT can help improve your life at What We Do.
Call or text us at 203-733-9600 or make an appointment.