A Virtual Tantric Sex Weekend
Why would you explore tantric sex at an online location like zoom? That’s SO weird.
Well… most people are finding their information about sexuality from pornography anyway.
In the USA… recent statistics show that only 22 out of 50 states require health ed. And of those 22 states, only 17 are required to provide accurate info. That is actually terrifying.
A weekend of sex, cave dwelling, exploring erotic fantasies, and moving the darkness of our self from the subconscious to the conscious!
“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” – Carl Jung
It makes sense given this cultural climate. I continue to hope that people wake up the societal notions that we “assume” as real that are actually just sociological ideologies.
This weekend, at the Shadows and Light Virtual tantra festival, shattering cultural myths was at the center of the 3-day online weekend retreat.
No matter HOW OLD people are, they are lacking sexual information… and information that is focused on mind-body connection and courage.
So What Do You Learn at a Tantric Sex Weekend?
Presenters from all over the world were sharing their knowledge while volunteers, like myself, provided emotional support to those participants that were diving deep.
When in a workshop like this, you are at choice, yet sometimes, it feels safe to know you have someone in the room that will be there for a private message.
From virtual dating, to energy play, to sacred sensual dance, to meditation and yoga… the virtual retreat had everything you could imagine.
The secret of tantric sex lies in putting aside the urgency of orgasm, and concentrating on thoughtful and delicate movements.
Tantric sex is about using your entire body, your hands especially, your breath, and your mind.
Therefore, even a simple, yet constant present mind awareness of asking yourself “am I breathing” acts as a strategy to enable you to melt into yourself.
In the practice of tantric sex and shadow work, there is nothing more important than connecting with your breath, your voice, and your sensations.
Taking notice of making sounds consciously with your voice! Sounds are also stimulating, such as a whisper, sigh, moan, cry and scream.
Tantric Sex Questions To Consider:
- How do I communicate in a sexual way with my body?
- How do I communicate in a sexual way with others?
- What does the sound you make during tantric sex, or any sex, say about your experience with your pleasure?
When Someone Shares their Sex Story With You, Respond By Saying:
- I believe you
- I honor your experience
- I witness your strength
- I thank you for your bravery
Virtual Tantric Sex Dating Practices:
- Instead of focusing on Duration of your relationship —> Focus on going DEEP!
- Instead of focusing on Attraction of others to you —> Focus on your own authentic sense of Self-Expression and have your tribe find you.
- Instead of focusing on Sacrifice for your partner —> Focus on Supporting your own sense of Self-Care, so others do not have to take care of you.
Online Shadow Festival for Tantric Sex – My Takeaways:
- Learn to build intimacy from self to self (and with others)
- Ignite your pleasure centers by touching them with your hands
- Improve communication by practicing it in a conscious way
- Share in a way where others are supportive
- Challenge societal norms by noticing what Disney and pop culture frames as the “norm” within your romantic relationships
- Practice consent instead of giving up, giving in, or overgiving
If you have any questions about a virtual tantric sex weekend, feel free to ask!
If you have any questions, or for clients hoping to take their intimate lives to the next level through personalized sessions on YOUR terms, learn more about our Text Therapy Program.
Life Coaching and Therapy (LCAT) is a relationship coaching and sex therapy practice that transforms our clients lives through our flexible, multi-technique approach and pleasure-skills training provided by systemically-trained and licensed therapists!
Our team of compassionate, licensed therapists and certified sex therapists help Millennials and Baby Boomers alike who visit us for a variety of relationship, intimacy and sex problems.
LCAT provides on-site appointments, as well as video chat and text therapy programs.
Learn more about how LCAT can help improve your life at What We Do.
Call us at 203-733-9600 and press 0 to leave a message, or make an appointment.