Sex After Breast Cancer
Sex After Breast Cancer
I often get asked by my female clients for alternative ways to get aroused during sex after breast cancer. They have little or no feeling in their nipples due to breast cancer or other types of breast surgery.
I have heard more than 100 women discuss changes in sensitivity around the nipple and breast, which impacts sex after breast cancer and even breastfeeding.
There is A LOT happening emotionally and spiritually while undergoing breast surgery and recovery.
The chest is an interesting body part for women, as it holds the heart and the breasts! It’s such a tender and vulnerable spot.
After breast cancer surgery, many women indicate they do not feel ‘womanly’ anymore. Some feel they aren’t good enough. This is because they don’t like how they fill out their shirts, or they have unappealing scars, or they don’t get aroused easily. This creates anxiety and insecurity in their sex life.
Tips and Lessons Learned From My Clients for Sex After Breast Cancer (if your nipples aren’t sensitive anymore):
- Identify your breast sensitivity: no sensation, minimal sensation, due to technique or something else.
- Talk to your doctor if you need to understand the cause
- Find another part of your body that is sensitive. Try the lower back and down the sides of the body. Go from your neck, around the chest, and down the rib cage (towards the belly). Once you find other areas that are sensitive have your partner touch you there.
- Reclaim your chest by either piercing your nipples or tattooing over surgery scars.
- Incorporate other toys on the nipples, like nipple clamps, vibrators, or floggers (whips) to get a different feeling on the chest.
- Do a sexy photo shoot to reclaim your beauty.
- Do a mourning ritual for the chest you used to have so you can grieve and move on!
If you have had breast cancer or reconstruction, or possibly breast implants or breast reductions, how have you dealt with the feelings of insecurity, pain, embarrassment, etc.? Please comment below, we would love to hear from you!
Life Coaching and Therapy (LCAT) is a relationship coaching and sex therapy practice that transforms our clients lives through our flexible, multi-technique approach and pleasure-skills training provided by systemically-trained and licensed therapists!
Our team of compassionate, licensed therapists and certified sex therapists help Millennials and Baby Boomers alike who visit us for a variety of relationship, intimacy and sex problems.
Learn more about how LCAT can help improve your relationship and ignite your sex life at What We Do. Call or text us at 203-733-9600, or make an appointment.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!